As a unique space for intellectual development, research, extension and professional training, the university and the PPGE are privileged loci to debate, question and reflect on the problems of Brazil, in a global context within continuous transformation, among other subjects. The Master’s Degree Course in Education is aimed at professionals linked or not to the area of Education in its different levels and modalities, enabling teachers and researchers to prepare to work at different levels in the national education system, in order to contribute to the expansion of scientific knowledge and develop research of theoretical and social relevance that contribute to facing the different problems experienced in the area. In order to materialize this proposal, the Program aims to:
General Objective of the Master in Education
Train teachers and researchers committed to the advancement of knowledge to work in education, in theoretical and social relevance activities, in teaching, research and extension.
• Encourage the production and socialization of knowledge in the field of Education, enabling its articulation with national and international research and postgraduate centers;
• Create a space for continuous and critical reflection and deepening of educational theories and practices;
• Contribute to the qualification of pedagogical processes in the school environment;
• Enable theoretical reflection on Brazilian education;
• Contribute to the different instances of education, especially local and regional ones, seeking social quality in all its levels and modalities.
General Objective of the Doctorate degree in Education
Develop studies and research aimed at training researchers and qualified teachers for the construction/production and advancement of scientific and technological knowledge in the field of Education and to work in activities of theoretical and social relevance in research, teaching and extension.
• Develop research in the field of Education, encompassing the different themes covered in the program with a view at enhancing the critical capacity of knowledge production in its ethical, aesthetic, political, philosophical and epistemological dimensions;
• Promote research committed to the production of knowledge that enhances processes of social transformation, contemplating the institutional scope and social and environmental movements;
• Train researchers capable of contributing to the production and advancement of scientific and technological knowledge in the field of Education, inserted in national and international networks.